Cartography has a long history within the organization. The Auto Club produced its first TourBook back in 1909. Its 388 pages included almost 100 pages of maps, which led to the creation of a map drafting department in 1911. By 1914, there were five people in the department. Today, it has eight cartographers, including one of the nation’s last field cartographers, Shane Henry, who drives across the West noting the safety of each dirt road.